Cardiac Channel Panel Screening
Cambridge Bioscience offers access to cardiac ion channel panel screening services from B’SYS. Available as fast screening projects or full IC50 determination projects, these services enable the screening of cardiac toxicity and selective profiling of cardiac ion channel response for drug candidates and other therapeutic compounds.
Utilising the Sophion QPatch™, the automated patch clamp assays enable the screening of cardiac toxicity and selective profiling of cardiac ion channel response for drug candidates and other therapeutic compounds.
Conventional manual patch clamp assays are also available providing a versatile and accurate assessment of drug interactions with cardiac ion channels. The manual stations are equipped with systems for rapid drug application, enabling the measurement of up to 20-50 compounds per day, depending on the application scheme and channel type. Whole-cell recordings or single-channel analysis in various expression systems (HEK 293, CHO, neuroblastoma etc.) can be conducted to test the effects of drugs on voltage-gated or ligand-gated ion channels. Application schemes and assay conditions can be adapted for your needs.
Further options to refine your experiments include:
• Full glass equipment
• Dose solution analysis – GLP & non-GLP
• Use-dependence analysis
• Temperature-dependence analysis
• Additional copies of final report
Benefits Of Using These Screening Assays
• Gold-standard, functional cell-based ion channel assay
• Quantitative profiling
• Complements S7B integrated cardiac risk assessment
• Provides mechanistic interpretation
• Predicts proarrhythmia potential
• Fully validated by expert electrophysiologists
• Rapid turnaround times - one to two weeks (non-GLP) or three to four weeks (GLP)
• Physiological temperature available for most assays
• Range-finding pre-test available for concentration-response assays
• HPLC concentration-verification available (GLP and non-GLP)
Contact Our Specialists
To discuss an automated or manual patch clamp cardiac ion channel screening project, please contact our B'SYS specialist by Clicking Here
QPatch™ is a trademark of Sophion Bioscience A/S