PiggyBac Transposon Vector Construction
Cambridge Bioscience offers access to the PiggyBac Transposon Vector Construction Services through a partnership between System Biosciences and Transposagen.
Benefits of Using the PiggyBac™ Transposon Vector System
• Highly efficient non-viral gene delivery
• High transposition efficiency & activity
• Transgenic cell lines in one transfection
• Reversible transposition - no footprint
• Single or multiple integrations from a single transfection enabled
• No cargo limit - integrate 10-100kb
• Suitable for use in human, mouse & rat cells
About the PiggyBac™ Transposon
The TTAA-specific transposon PiggyBac™ is a mobile genetic element that efficiently transposes between vectors and chromosomes via a "cut and paste" mechanism. During transposition, the PiggyBac™ transposase recognises transposon-specific inverted terminal repeat sequences (ITRs) located on both ends of the transposon vector and efficiently moves the contents from the original sites and efficiently integrates them into TTAA chromosomal sites. This feature enables genes to be easily and efficiently mobilised into target genomes.
Cut & Paste Integration using a Single Transfection
Custom Services Available
• Cloning cDNA, microRNA or shRNA into a choice of PiggyBac transposon vectors in 2 weeks
• Choice of a variety of promoters, markers and Cumate switch inducible formats
• Custom cell lines can be made in 8 weeks using PiggyBac vectors
Contact Our Specialists
To discuss a PiggyBac transposon vector project, please contact our experienced team by Clicking Here. Prior to any purchase, customers must agree to the terms of the PiggBac™ agreements set out by SBI.